Academic Technologies Advisory Council
The Role of ATAC
Assist the Provost’s Office and the CIO in setting directions and priorities for developing, implementing, and evaluating instructional technology directions for the University:
- Set directions and priorities for use of the University’s instructional technology resources. Pursue integration of instructional technology needs and directions with University information systems.
- Identify new academic technologies to be investigated and piloted and, if found desirable, provided to the University. Develop, encourage and articulate the connection between research and the classroom.
- Continually evaluate the instructional technology support provided to the University (both centrally and at the collegiate level) and recommend enhancements and changes.
- Communicate instructional technology directions and initiatives to faculty, staff and students.
- Solicit feedback from the University on instructional technology needs and desired directions.
Innovations in Teaching with Technology Awards
Learn more about ATAC's Innovations in Teaching Using Technology Awards, how to apply for the next round, and to view past winners.
FY14 Call for Proposals
Proposals to the Innovations in Teaching with Technology Awards will be accepted Sept. 18 through Oct. 17. Projects involving collaborative learning and student use of emerging technologies are encouraged, and projects should be new to the UI.
To learn more about this award program including the guidelines for submitting a proposal and past award winners, visit <http://its.uiowa.edu/itta/>.
ITS publishes information on planned service availability. This includes events occuring over the next 7 days.