An upgrade to the university's Lynda.com service, which provides more than 100,000 online video tutorials to build your technology and business skills, means all University of Iowa students and employees now have access to this excellent resource.
The UI has had Lynda.com for the past three years, but the recent upgrade to "LyndaCampus" extended the licensing to provide access for UIHC employees.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, Lynda.com is a high-quality resource for students, faculty, and staff looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, social media, leadership, management, and a wide range of other topics.
How can Lynda.com support me?
- Keeps you current on technology
- Tracks your individual training progress
- Lets you learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Supplements curricula and teaches technical skills outside of class
- Provides certificates of completion
- Offers personal and professional development
How can I get the most out of Lynda.com?
- Set aside time every week for online training
- Visit Lynda.com regularly for a listing of new and updated coureses
- Watch the welcome video of a course to check out its training content
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
- Subscribe to the lynda.com blog RSS feed and newsletter
How can I access lynda.com at the University of Iowa?
All faculty, staff, and students have access to the entire lynda.com course library.
Lynda.com is available through the web, on your tablet or mobile device. For information about mobile access and apps, visit http://www.lynda.com/mobile-access#nogo.
To start using Lynda.com, go to http://lynda.uiowa.edu and log in with your Hawk ID and Hawk ID password. If you have questions, the ITS Help Desk is ready to assist you at 319-384-HELP (4357). If you have questions or comments about the service, please contact ITS Training firstname.lastname@example.org.
The service is available 24/7 to faculty, staff and students, and new courses are added every week!