Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro are available to current UI faculty and staff to install on a home/personal computer for work-at-home University of Iowa business purposes.
IMPORTANT: This is a subscription-based program that expires annually on May 31st and must be renewed at that time, regardless of original purchase date. This is not a perpetual license. See http://its.uiowa.edu/campus-software-program/adobe-etla-home-use for more information about the license agreement. The product key is valid for installation on two different computers.
To Download and Install Your Copy of Adobe Creative Cloud or Acrobat Pro:
- Go to http://uiowa.onthehub.com and log in with your HawkID and password.
- Choose the Adobe tab and select the Adobe product of you need. Note that Creative Cloud include Acrobat Pro, but is a much larger download and suite of tools.
Note: Creative Cloud is compatible with both the Windows or Mac OS. For Adobe Acrobat Pro, you will need to select the correct version for your operating system (Windows or Mac) after selecting the product.
- Click Add To Cart and then Check Out.
Note: By default, you will have access to your product key and downloads from OnTheHub for 31 days after purchase. OnTheHub offers an "Extended Access" program that provides you with access to your product key and downloads for an additional period of time, for an extra fee. ITS recommends you copy and save your product key in a safe place and make backup copies of your installer files within the 31 day period default time frame instead. See What is the Extended Access Guarantee and do I need to purchase it? for more information.
- Follow the on screen instructions to accept the license agreement, fill in your order information and payment details.
- The product key and redemption code are listed on your Receipt page.
IMPORTANT: Print off your product key and redemption code for safe keeping. The codes will NOT be included in the email you receive from OnTheHub.
- You will receive an email with instructions for accessing Adobe's web site to download the products you purchased. Sign in to the Adobe Creative Cloud web site using the link provided in the email.
- Use the redemption code from the receipt to access your authorized downloads.
- Download and install the Creative Cloud application, then use the Apps section of Creative Cloud to download the specific Apps you desire.
If installers files are required, the ITS Help Desk recommends you create a backup copy of your software installer file, should you ever need to re-install the software on your computer in the future.