You can disable your wireless network adapter using a physical switch, if your computer has one, or through the Network control panel.
Some laptops have a physical switch on the computer that allows you to turn the wireless card on and off. This switch is usually located on the front or the side of the laptop. Slide the switch to the "off" position to disable your wireless adapter.
Network Control Panel
1. To turn your wireless network adapter off through the Network Control Panel:
- In Windows XP, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections.
- In Windows Vista, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Cnnections.
- In Windows 7, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
2. Right-click on the wireless network connection and choose Disable.