I think I've been scammed by a phishing scheme. What should I do? - Article 270

  • Report it to the company immediately.
    If you have given out a password or account number or other important information, make sure you contact the company as soon as possible.  If your credit card number was stolen, the company can cancel the card and provide you a new one. Banks will often do the same if your account is compromised.  Most companies are prepared to deal with these kind of problems and the sooner you report it the better.
  • Report it to the FTC.
    Visit www.ftc.gov to report suspicious email, file a complaint if you've been scammed, and find out more information about minimizing the risk and damage of identify theft.

Info Center: