Due to differences in the Graduate College formatting requirements and the way Microsoft Word handles formatting, our template does NOT match the Graduate College requirements 100%. It is close (95%), but everyone will have to do some additional manual formatting to get their thesis in final form. The most current documentation is now on the web. See the documentation section below, pertaining to instructions on how to use the UI Thesis Template.dot.
- It is recommended that you use one of the two most recent versions of Microsoft Word to format your thesis.
- Limited support and template revisions are available for older versions.
- Only English versions of your Windows or Mac Operating System and only English versions of Microsoft Word are compatible with the UI Thesis Template.
The following file is a compressed file which will need to be unzipped in order to view them after download. If your computer will not extract the files, you may need a utility to unzip files. Please go to: http://www.download.com, and under the Utilities section, click on "Most Popular" to find the WinZip utility, and follow their installation instructions, to obtain a copy of WinZip for this purpose.
Download a copy of the UI Thesis Template for Microsoft Word:
- UIThesis_Rev5.9_Win (for Word 2010 and Word 2007)
- UIThesis_Rev5.9_Mac (for Word 2011 and Word 2008)
Directions for using the UI Thesis Template for Microsoft Word is contained within the downloadable files listed above.