NOTE: The manual configuration instruction below are in the process of being revised to reflect the network name change to eduroam. All configuration settings for the eduroam and the UI-Wireless-WPA2 network are identical with the exception of the network name (eduroam) and the required username. eduroam requires a username in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your HawkID followed by @uiowa.edu (email@example.com, for example) and your HawkID passphrase to log in.
Manual Configuration Instructions
Mac Configuration Instructions
- Mac Wireless Configuration for OS 10.7
- Mac AirPort Configuration for OS 10.5 & 10.6
- Mac AirPort Configuration for OS 10.3 & 10.4
Windows Configuration Instructions
- Windows 8 Wireless Instructions
- Windows 7 Wireless Instructions
- Windows XP Wireless Instructions
- Windows Vista Wireless Instructions
- Windows 7 Group Policy instructions (for system administrators)
Linux Access to UI Wireless
- The Computer Support Group (CSG) of the Mathematical Sciences Department provides UI Wireless Access for Linux instructions. Please note that these instructions are not supported by the ITS Help Desk.
Need assistance in determining the best configuration method for your computer? Contact the ITS Help Desk.