Recommended Dell Computer Purchases for Departments
The models listed below are recommended for typical University of Iowa office workers. For developers, engineers, or other employees who need high-end models to run very large applications, see our higher-end recommendations.
Dell OptiPlex 7050
- Windows 10 Pro
- Intel Core i5-7500 (QC, 6MB, 4T, 3.4GHz, 65W)
- 500 GB hard drive
- 8 GB memory
- Intel Integrated Graphics
Dell 22 Monitor P2217H
- 21.5 inch size
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- DP, HDMI, VGA, USB inputs
- 1 x USB 3.0 port - Upstream
2 x USB 3.0 ports - Side
2X USB 2.0 – bottom
- 3-Year warranty
Dell Latitude 5480 Laptop
- Intel Core i5-7440HQ Processor (Quad Core, 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz, 6M Cache, 35W vPro) Processor
- 256 GB hard drive
- 8 GB memory
- 8265AC dual band capable for wireless
- 1920x1080 LCD
How to Purchase (or view prices)
Please contact your IT support person for guidance on purchasing a computer.
- Log in to One Stop e-Procurement.
- Select eBuy from the menu in the center of the page.
- Select Dell then click PunchOut from the overlay.
- The Dell Premier Dashboard store catalog will open in a new window. If you have pop-ups blocked, you may need enable pop-ups.
- Browse the list of available models or use the search to find the model you would like.
- Add selections to your cart.
- Once you have your model choices in your cart, select "Create Order Requisition"
Note: Please visit eBuy to view a complete list of available models and accessories.