Understanding and Writing the Self-Assessment/Reflection
In most cases, you will have the option to write a reflection on an individual artifact and an overall reflection.
There are two ways to input your self-assessment: using the inline text box editor or copying and pasting your reflection from another text document.
- What is a reflection?
- A reflection is comment(s) related to the artifacts/outcomes of your coursework and experiences within your major area of study.
- Reflections include:
- Why you chose a particular artifact.
- Your creative thought process.
- How your artifact relates to the professional field.
Reflecting on Individual Artifacts
- After you have uploaded artifacts, if you have the option for your major to individually reflect, you will see an icon to the right of each artifact.
- Click on the icon next to the artifact you would like to reflect on.
- Type directly into the rich text editor box or copy and paste from a word processing program.
- Click Save.
Reflecting on an Overall Page
You may also be asked to write an overall reflection. For instance, you may be asked to justify why you uploaded three artifacts overall and how those artifacts represent your understanding of an overall learning outcome. Again, this option may not show in all ifolios.
- Click on the Reflection/Self-Assessment box.
- You can either type directly in the rich text editor or copy and paste from a word processing program.
- Click Save often.
- Archiving will be explained in another section.