Electronic security protects the virtual borders of The University of Iowa campus. As part of the security, some potentially unsafe e-mail attachments are deleted.
Options for Sharing Files:
- Rename the file so that it does not have a prohibited three-letter extension on its name, and then have the recipient rename the file back after they receive it. (For instance, rename "myprogram.exe" to "myprogram.xxx" and then attach and send it.)
- Share the file using OneDrive through Office 365 with your HawkId@uiowa.edu.
- Instructions and FAQ's for OneDrive.
- Place the file on a shared drive, such as your department "L:" drive space, and send the person its location.
- Place it on a web server and send the person a link to its location (this is what software vendors do).
- Zip and encrypt or password protect the file.