Skype for Business (Lync) Meetings can be scheduled much like a user would schedule meetings in Outlook or Outlook Web App (OWA). We recommend using Outlook or OWA to schedule Skype for Business Meetings, but if this option is unavailable to you, please see Microsoft's information on Skype for Business Web Scheduler.
Set up a Skype for Business Meeting using Outlook
- Open Outlook and navigate to the calendar.
- Click on the Home tab and click New Skype Meeting
- Set up the meeting just as you would a regular meeting, including attendees in the To: field and selecting a start time and end time.
- Type an agenda in the meeting area. NOTE: do not change the Skype Meeting information that is already in the agenda area.
If you wish to change the default options for your meeting, click Meeting Options found in the Online Meetings ribbon. This may be necessary if you will have attendees from off-campus or outside of your organization or company.
For information on joining a meeting, see How to Join a Skype for Business Meeting.
- In Outlook Calendar, click New Skype for Business meeting.
- In the new meeting window, find and click Meeting Options
- Under Permissions, and the headline "Where do you want to meet online?", choose A new meeting space (I control permissions)
- Choose from the dropdown menu who can join the meeting (Anyone) and who is able to present
- Choose any additional options and click OK
- Set up the meeting time and information and send to appropriate users