These instructions were created on a device running Android 4.1 or higher (Jelly Bean).
Steps for different versions of the Android OS will vary slightly.
- Select Settings from the Applications menu.
- Navigate to Accounts and select Add Account.
- Select Corporate or Microsoft Exchange Active Sync depending on Android phone
- Enter your email address firstname.lastname@example.org and HawkID password.
- Click Next. Click Cancel immediately while message says “Retrieving account information.” If get the following message window “Couldn’t finish. Username or password incorrect” then click “Edit details”, click Next and immediately click Cancel.
- Enter Domain\Username: HawkID@uiowa.edu
Note: Some older devices may need to use: iowa\email@example.com
- Enter server: outlook.office365.com
- Confirm that Use secure connection (SSL) is checked and Accept all SSL certificates
- Click Next. You will see the message “Retrieving account information” or "Checking incoming server settings."
- You will receive a message: The server outlook.office365.com requires that you allow it to remotely control some security features of your Android device. Click OK.
- Select your desired account options and click Next.
- Give the account a name to distinguish it from other accounts on your device.