Duo's self-enrollment process makes it easy to register your device and install the Duo Mobile application on your smartphone or tablet.
To enroll your phone in Duo Security you must be on campus or remotely accessing a computer that is on the campus network. If you need to enroll your phone in Duo Security and are unable to come to campus or access a campus computer, contact the ITS Help Desk at 319-384-4357 for assistance.
To enroll your device in Duo Security:
- On your smartphone or tablet, search the app store for Duo Mobile and download/install it on your phone.
- On your computer, log in to the Two-Step Verification site with your HawkID and password, then select Add a device.
- Enter the Phone number of the device (if applicable) and chose the Via the Duo Push application on available smart phones and tablets option.
- Choose the Device Platform (iOS, Android, etc.) and provide a short description of the device in the Label field (for example "My iPhone").
- Click the Add Device button to enroll it.
- When prompted, scan the barcode on your computer screen with your smartphone with the Duo Push with Mobile app installed.
After completing the enrollment process, the next time you access a service that has Duo Security enabled, such as Employee Self-Service, you will be asked to verify that you intended to access the service.
Additional Information: How do I verify that I intended to access a service with two-step verification enabled?