The Qualtrics Offline App is an application available for iOS and Android devices, which allows you to administer surveys on your mobile device without an Internet connection. Responses can be collected in the field on your mobile device, and then uploaded back into Qualtrics as soon as you have an Internet connection. This app is available for iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and smartphones running Android 4.0 and later.
While the app itself is free, this is an add-on service which must be purchased in order to use the app. Unfortunately, our license does not cover this app, due to lack of interest in this feature. Departments and individuals may purchase this app directly through Qualtrics (call 1-800-340-9194, or email our UI Qualtrics rep Matt Fisler at firstname.lastname@example.org for options and latest pricing).
It is possible that ITS may conduct a Pilot Study in the future to evaluate the product and determine the need for the Offline Survey App on campus. As there is an additional cost associated with this feature, ITS is interested in partnering with interested departments in the associated cost of the add-in. If a brief trial period were arranged, it would be helpful for us to learn more about the research and need for this app on campus. If you would be interested in participating in this trial period, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Please provide a brief description of your research, the reason for the need of an offline survey application, and how you plan to use the offline survey app in the field.
- What is the scope of your survey audience (approximate number of survey invitees/respondents), and approximately how many surveys do you anticipate will need the offline survey app?
- For our reference, please provide the date which you would like to begin using this feature.
- What is the duration of your research study, and the duration of the data collection?
- Do you anticipate the need to repeat the survey(s) at particular intervals (every semester, every year, etc), and/or is this an app you believe you will need to use regularly?
- Are you aware of others within or outside of your department who have a need for this add-in? Additionally, have you discussed your needs for the Offline Survey App with your department, and is this something they would consider sharing the cost associated with this feature?
- If you have discussed the need for this app with your department, please include them in this message.