From the Pick-n-Play application, downloadable media can be distributed to users enrolled in the course through podcasts. Note: for security purposes, it is only possible to podcast an asset if its metadata in ShareStream MediaManager has been checked as “Downloadable.”
To access a podcast from the Course Collection page in Pick-n-Play:
1. Click on a podcast.
2. In the Launch Application dialog box, select an application to play the podcast, typically iTunes.
3. Before viewing download the videos in the Podcast by clicking the Cloud Icon
4. Podcasts will require the viewer to login with their HawkID and password.
5. After the user has authenticated, and the podcast has been downloaded to the viewer’s iTunes or to another application they can play the podcast in iTunes on their computer, or sync the podcast to a mobile device.
- Note: Be sure to have iTunes select Feed so all the videos in the podcast are displayed.
- If you cannot see any Podcasts in iTunes make sure you are on the My Podcasts Tab in the Podcast page. When you are in the correct place the above Icons will be highlighted light blue.
For information on how to upload podcasts, see Upload Podcasts in How to Upload Media as Downloadable.
Next: Instructions on How to Search for Media..