This document will outline how to install and enable MBAM BitLocker drive encryption when using the U of I OS Install CD (Lite Touch) process. These steps assume you have completed all MBAM Requirements on Support Article 103952.
- If there is a BIOS password set on the system it must be cleared before you begin the process.
- The system must have the correct MBAM GPO applied via AD & Group Policy (103953)
- The system must join the domain during the process
- The system must install the SCCM client
Installing the MBAM client during the Lite Touch process
- Begin the normal Lite Touch install process as outlined here
- On the Select one or more applictions to install screen choose the appropriate MBAM Client (x86 or x64) for the OS that you chose to install (x86 or x64).
- Continue through the Ready to Begin screen and let the Lite Touch process begin and complete as normal.
- Once the Lite Touch process is finished, reboot the machine and login to the domain with any hawkid.
- If the MBAM client installed successfully and the GPO is applied to the computer object, within a few minutes you should see a Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring screen appear.
- That's it! You can then choose to either postpone or start the encryption process.
Note: For added security ECM recommends that you set a BIOS password on the machine after the encryption process is complete.