- Upload Media to My Workspace
- Play Media in My Workspace
- Edit Metadata in My Workspace
- Download Media from My Workspace
- Delete Media from My Workspace
- Add Media to the Course from My Workspace
Use the My Workspace Tab
A video on How to Use the My Workspace Tab can be found here.
My Workspace is a personal storage location for instructor media. The media assets that have been uploaded to the My Workspace tab will not be viewable by students until media assets have been added in My Workspace to the Course Collection tab.
The My Workspace tab can be used to upload media assets into ShareStream. Content can be tagged with metadata from My Workspace and also add media to the Course Collection. At any time it is possible to return to My Workspace to upload more media files. This section describes the additional tasks that can be performed in My Workspace.
Note: Certain types of media must be uploaded through ShareStream MediaManager.
Upload Media to My Workspace
The computer’s directory can be browsed to upload media to the My Workspace page in Pick-n-Play.
To upload a media asset into My Workspace:
1. Click the My Workspace tab.
2. Click Upload Media, either the large button to the left of the media player, or the menu option at the top of the My Workspace tab.
The Upload popup window opens to upload the media asset.
3. Select one of the following options:
- Click the Drop/Click to Select Media File button, and browse to locate and select the media asset on the computer’s file directory.
- Drag and drop a media asset onto the Drop/Click to Select Media File button. Note: Drag and drop is not currently supported in the Internet Explorer browser.
4. Enter information about this media asset.
5. Click Add Media.
Your media asset is now uploading to the My Workspace page.
Progress bars provide real-time updates as the file is being uploaded.
A “Processing” icon appears in the My Workspace gallery until the file is ready for use.
Play Media in My Workspace
To play media in My Workspace, select one of the following options:
- Click on the Action menu for the media asset, and select Play.
- Click on the thumbnail for the media asset, and then use the buttons in the Media Player.
Edit Metadata in My Workspace
To view and edit the metadata for a media asset in the My Workspace tab, select one of the following options:
- Click the More Info link in the Media Player.
- Click on the Action menu and select Information.
The Metadata dialog box will open.
To edit the metadata, click the Edit tab.
Click the X to close the dialog box.
Download Media from My Workspace
From the My Workspace tab, it is possible to download the media assets uploaded from a computer.
When the Download option is selected from the Action menu, a prompt will appear asking to open the file with an application, or save the file. The file can be opened with an appropriate application, or saved as a file to view later.
Delete Media from My Workspace
To delete media from My Workspace, follow the steps below:
1. On the My Workspace tab, select the checkbox next to a media asset.
2. Then, click Delete. A dialog box opens to confirm the deletion.
3. Click OK to delete the media asset.
Please note that when media assets are deleted from My Workspace, ShareStream deletes the asset only from the My Workspace tab, not from the Course Collection tab. Therefore, when assets are deleted from the Workspace, the application will not remove or delete assets that have already been added to the Course Collection page. To delete files from the Course Collection page, select the Course Collection tab in Pick-n-Play, and delete the asset from the Course Collection page.
Add Media to the Course from My Workspace
When finished adding metadata and reviewing media in My Workspace, you will add the media to the Course Collection.
To add the media asset to the Course Collection, please follow the steps below:
1. On the My Workspace tab, select the checkbox next to the thumbnail for the media asset.
2. Click on Add to Course.
A dialog box opens to select a folder destination in the Course Collection.
3. Select the folder to add the media asset to, and then click Done.
4. A confirmation message will appear when the file is added. Click the X to close the popup window.
5. Click on the Course Collection tab, and the media asset added to the Course Collection will be available.
Note: A placeholder thumbnail may appear while the media asset is still processing.
When the media asset has completed, it will appear in the Course Collection.
Next: Instructions on How to Collaborate with Students.