Repeatedly prompted for Outlook or Skype for Business (Lync) account/password credentials:
Windows users should follow these steps:
1) Exit Outlook and Lync. (In Outlook | File tab | Exit; In Lync | Settings Gear icon | File | Exit)
2) Go to Start menu | Control Panel | View by (Large Icons (upper right of window) | User Accounts | Manage your credentials (left column).
3) Select any credentials for Microsoft, Outlook or Lync and choose Remove from Vault.
4) Exit and reboot your computer.
Mac users should follow these steps or contact your IT Support staff for help:
1) Open the Keychain Access application (located in Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities)
2) Choose the Password category from the left sidebar (this is very important so you don't accidentally delete security certificates)
3) Type Outlook in the search box in the top right corner of the Keychain Access application
4) Delete any entries from the results list below by highlighting the results and pressing the delete key on the the keyboard
5) Type Exchange in the search box in the top right corner of the Keychain Access application
6) Delete any entries from the results list below by highlighting the results and pressing the delete key on the the keyboard
7) Type Lync in the search box in the top right corner of the Keychain Access application
8) Delete any entries from the results list below by highlighting the results and pressing the delete key on the the keyboard
9) Restart your computer.
10) Launch Microsoft Outlook
11) Enter the HawkID password(s) for the account(s)
12) Check the box to remember the password
13) Click OK
14) Launch Microsoft Lync
15) Enter HawkID@uiowa.edu in username field
16) Enter HawkID Password in password field
17) Check the box to remember the password
18) Click the Login button
NOTE: When logging into Outlook or Lync it will ask for your email address (email@example.com) and will then prompt for your login username and password. This should be HawkID@uiowa.edu and your HawkID password.
Outlook will not launch or you can't configure a new profile:
1) Delete existing .ost and .xml files that are located in C:\Users\HawkID\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
NOTE: do not delete any .pst files as these could be your archive.pst or other offline data files.
To find these files start by using Windows Search to locate the particular file types or paste "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" into the Windows File Explorer Path box. You may need to browse to Windows Explorer's Organize | Folder and Search Options | View tab and select Show hidden files and folders, also uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. In Windows 8, look for the Show Hidden files setting on Windows Explorer's View ribbon. Show hidden files and folders can also be changed from the Control Panel - view by small or large Icons - Folder Options - View tab - select Show hidden files and folders.
2) Try launching Outlook again. If it still does not open proceed with Step 3 below:
3) Create a new Outlook Profile