Using the Web interface .srt files can be uploaded to UICapture(Panopto) by following these steps.
NOTE: Uploading captions to an edited recording will not function properly.
- Captions must be synced to the timeline of an unedited recording.
- If unsure how to how to create a .srt files here are instructions on how to create them using YouTube or Camtasia and instructions on how Creators can download recordings from UICapture(Panopto). NOTE: Remember to login using the HawkID login and not Panopto login.
1. Click the Settings tab for the desired recording.
2. Click the Captions tab in the pop-up window.
3. Under the 'Upload Captions' heading, click Choose File and then select the caption file to be uploaded.
4. Click the 'Upload Captions' button.
5. A confirmation message will appear saying the Captions have been uploaded.
Example of Captions in the Video Player