There are three options available for encryption of USB storage.
- Windows Only: Use “BitLocker To Go” for the drive, using the instructions at http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/103547
- Macintosh Only: Use FileVault2 for the drive, using the instruction at http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/104830
- Cross-Platform: Utilize a hardware-encrypted USB storage drive.
- This is necessary if the stored information must be available to multiple devices that run different operating systems, such as a Windows computer and a Macbook.
- Please see the QuickStart guide provided with the hardware-encrypted USB storage drive for setup and use instructions.