The University of Iowa voicemail system will be upgraded to a new version between May 19 - June 2, 2016. Users who dial 5-1000 to access voicemail will be impacted by this work. Information about the transition:
- 5-1000 (319-335-1000) will continue as the voicemail access number
- The new voicemail system will function exactly as the previous version. Dial pad menus, greetings and PIN access codes will remain the same.
- Old voicemail messages cannot be transferred to the new system. ITS recommends reviewing old voicemail messages before Thursday, May 19.
- If you need access to a voicemail message stored on the older system, these will be accessible for 30 days. The old system will be erased and decommissioned on July 3, 2016.
- Call-Trees (also known as Auto-Attendants) are included with this upgrade. ITS staff are contacting units with these configurations to find alternative solutions.
- Please do not change voicemail PIN codes between May 19 - June 2, 2016. When the final system upgrade is completed it is possible PIN numbers changed during this period will be reset
The voicemail upgrade requires three maintenance windows when the system will be offline. While the system is offline it will not be possible for callers to leave voicemail messages or for voicemailbox owners to listen to messages. Call-Trees will also be offline. These windows have been scheduled outside standard business hours:
- Thursday, May 19, 8PM-1AM
- Saturday, May 21, 9AM-7PM
- Thursday, June 2, 8PM-Midnight
The voicemail system upgrade will be complete on June 3, 2016. Answers to common questions are listed below in the Support section. Please contact the ITS Help Desk with any questions about the upgrade.