We recommend using the Turnitin integration from within ICON (Canvas). If you still wish to use the Turnitin web interface, you will need some information to join The University of Iowa's instructor account. You can obtain this by sending an email to the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Create the assignment (name and instructions only).
2. Enable Turnitin using External Tool. Do NOT enter any dates or other information.
4. Go back in, enter the dates and other information, for example, assigning to students, etc.
5. Save and publish.
- Please make sure you are following the steps described here to create a Turnitin assignment: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/108501
- Make sure the assignment is NOT set to open in a new tab.
- Log out of ICON.
- Clear out browser cache and cookies. Or, try a different browser.
- Log in.
- Turnitin should work now.
Yes, you can. You will need to click on the newly-created Turnitin assignment once before the students can access it. If you do not, they get an error message.
- Create an assignment without enabling Turnitin. You can create as it as an online assignment with file upload.
- Save the assignment.
- Attach the rubric you want to use.
- Enable Turnitin using the External Tool feature.
- The rubric will no longer be visible from the assignments page. However, it will still be accessible in Speed Grader from the assignments page.