- Log in to your email at office365.uiowa.edu and enter your credentials
- If you are setting up a phone tree on a shared - departmental account, click the avatar in the upper right corner and select open another mailbox. Then enter the name of the shared account.
- Click the gear in the upper right corner of the screen to access settings
- In the search bar, search for "call answering rules"
- Click the + button to add a rule
- Name the rule
- For "If the caller reaches my voicemail and *", choose [Apply to all calls]
- For "Provide caller with these options *", choose "Transfer call..."
- Fill in the information and hit OK to finish
- Add all of the phone tree contacts for numbers 1-9 if necessary
- Click OK at the top of the screen
Set Up a Phone Tree
Also known as Calling Trees or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Systems