ICON Data Reports
- What is ICON Data Reports?
- How to get ICON Data Reports.
- Selecting Multiple Categories.
- Discussion Reports.
- Grade Distributions.
ICON Data Reports is a tool developed by the University of Iowa that fills a gap in ICON’s grade reporting features. It currently provides two utilities: Discussion Reports and Grade Distributions. Discussion Reports shows instructors data on students replies/posts. Grade Distributions allows instructors to generate histograms for multiple assignments/exams at a time. It also provides instructors with a way of sharing this data with students through ICON.
Note: Data in these reports may be up to two days old.
- Log into ICON at https://icon.uiowa.edu/ and open up your course.
- Click on Settings in the toolbar on the left of the screen.
- Select the Navigation tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Gear Icon next to "Canvas Data Reports" and select Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save. You have now added ICON Data Reports to your course.
In dropdown menus within this tool you are able to select more than one item. Items selected are denoted with a checkmark to the right of them, as seen below. Once you have made a selection, click on the