As the university transitions major applications to use Two-Step Login, some will require every user login to be protected with Two-Step login verification, while other applications will offer (and strongly recommend) the added protection for your access and information. This may be utilized as a transitional aid or it may be permanent, depending on the application and the information it handles.
The following applications are currently integrated with Two-Step Login, but must be enabled by you:
- MyUI Student Information System
- ICON Iowa Courses On-Line (optional for students; required for faculty and staff)
To turn on Two-Step Login for your HawkID on the above systems, you simply toggle the enable switch in your Two-Step Profile:
- Click Manage Two-Step to access your Two-Step Enrollment Profile.
- Login to the Two-Step application with your HawkID and HawkID Password.
- Register (enroll) one or more Two-Step Device(s) to your HawkID account if you have not already done so. See Detailed instructions for enrolling devices for more information.
- Click the status button next to each application to toggle "Disabled" (don't use two-step) to "Enabled" (use two-step) to protect your application logins.
- The Enabled/Disabled column will display the date you made the change.
- Click "Logout (Your-Hawkid)" in the upper left corner to save and exit when you are finished, or close your browser.
NOTE: Applications displayed in the list that require all logins to be protected with Two-Step will display "Required" in the Enabled/Disabled column, and will not allow changing the Enabled status.