Connect Using a Web Browser
- In your web browser, browse to https://desktop.uiowa.edu/rdweb
- Enter your HawkID in the form “Domain\HawkID” and click “Sign in”.
- Click the icon labeled “Research Secure Desktop”. This may download a file with a long filename with extension .rdp. Open this file. This should open in the Microsoft Remote Desktop client and start a remote session. You will be prompted to enter your HawkID login credentials.
- When you are finished, simply log out of Windows and your remote session will end.
NOTE: When you click an icon to open a desktop, if you get a message asking “Do you trust the publisher of this remote connection” with “rr-ha-rr.iowa.uiowa.edu” as the Publisher, click the checkbox by “Don’t ask me again for remote connections from this publisher” and click “Connect”.
Alternate Method of Connection without a Web Browser
- In Control Panel, open “RemoteApp and Remote Desktop Connections”
- On the left side, click “Access RemoteApp and Desktop”
- In the field, enter https://desktop.uiowa.edu/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx and click Next.
- A Windows Security login windows will appear. Click the checkbox by “Remember my credentials” and log in with your HawkID as usual.
- Click “Finish”