Once you have finished creating your quiz in Respondus 4.0, there is a particular set of steps to take in order to publish this quiz to your ICON course. The instructions are listed below.
1. Click on the Preview & Publish tab and select from the sidebar Publish to Canvas.
2. Click the Publish Wizard button on the center of the page.
3. The first window will ask if you'd like to publish to a single course or multiple courses. Then you must select the Canvas server. If this is your first time exporting a quiz, select Add New Server option in the dropdown menu.
4. In this window select No, I want to enter the server settings manually. Then click Next.
5. In part 2 for the first text box, input "https://uiowa.instructure.com/" - please note the ending "/" as this is important.
6. Click Extract>>
7. In part 4 for the "Description" textbox, enter "ICON".
8. For part 5 please enter your HawkID and HawkID Password. Also check the checkbox to remember these settings if you're on your personal computer.
9. Click Ok to close out the server settings window and then click Ok.
10. You will be asked to log in to ICON with your HawkID and Password.
11. After logging in correctly, it will then ask you to authorize your account. Please click Authorize to continue.
12. Select the assessment type. Graded Quiz for a quiz, Question Bank for a question bank.
13. Choose to Create the quiz in your course. You may also set the title here. Click Next to advance once your options are selected.
14. Next a window will be populated with courses in which you are a Teacher. Scroll to find your course and click on the folder associated with your course.
15. With a folder selected, click Next to begin publishing.
16. The next window requires no interaction until you see "-- publish completed successfully --" in the middle of the window. Once you see that message, click Finish and your quiz is now in your course!