- Guest accounts are best suited to non-UI individuals who need access to ICON for a period of time up to one year.
- Guest accounts are full HawkIDs, so the accounts themselves do not expire.
University employees may invite external users to create a HawkID (including ICON access) by following the directions below.
To Send a HawkID Invitation:
- Navigate to https://iam.uiowa.edu/accounts/invite
- Enter your invitee's email address
- Optionally include a personal message
- Click the "Invitations Options" drop-down
- Check the box next to 'ICON' and specify an ICON access expiration date
- Click "Send"
Once your invitee sets up their account, you'll receive an email including their new HawkID:
At this time you may now contact Tier3-ICON-Support to have us create an account in Canvas. If you do not contact us, you may have to wait up to 6 hours for the automated process to run and then add them to the course.
The HawkID invitation process does not automatically grant the user access to ICON courses, only to ICON itself. Addition to courses is a manual process ICON support performs once the invitation has been completed and ICON support is notified.