These instructions include the steps to download and install Skype for Business only. If you would like to install all of the Microsoft Office apps, please follow the steps in this support article.
Before you install Skype for Business, please take note of the following things:
- Make sure to uninstall/remove any previous versions of Skype on your device. Failure to do so may result in software conflicts on your device.
- If you do not connect within 30 days, Skype for Business goes into reduced functionality mode until you connect to the internet again and your status is verified (at which time all features become available again).
- This Microsoft Office app is specifically for personal use (personal or home computers or devices). University faculty and staff should continue to work with their IT staff to deploy and manage Microsoft Office on University Devices. If you are unsure which version of Microsoft Office to install, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 4-4357.
To download and install Skype for Business, please follow the steps below:
- Go to https://office365.uiowa.edu and sign in with your Hawk ID and password, as shown below:
- From the resulting page, click the "Install Office" button, then select "Install software".
- From the resulting page, click the blue "Install Skype" button to download the installer.
After the download has completed:
- On a Mac: Open Finder, go to Downloads, double-click the SkypeForBusinessinstaller file to begin the installation process.
- On a PC: Office should automatically begin installing on your computer (indicated in the lower right-hand corner)
Follow the prompts on each screen to complete the installation. When the installation is complete, please follow the steps in the Skype for Business Desktop Client login instructions.