The University of Iowa Red Hat Satellite (RHS) service provides Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) patches to University departments. Some of the benefits of using the UI RHS service include:
- Red Hat licenses negotiated for the entire University.
- Access to Red Hat RPMs stored on a campus machine.
For more information about UI RHS, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.
The University of Iowa Spacewalk service is a web-based interface that allows University departments to manage Cent OS systems. Some of the benefits of using the Cent OS service include:
- Install, erase, and update RPMs for a group of systems.
- Receive e-mail notifications of new errata applicable to a group of systems.
- Access to Cent OS RPMs stored on a campus machine.
Contact the ITS Help Desk to get access to the UI RHS or Spacewalk service.