As part of a continuing effort to make the digital workspace of university students, faculty, and staff more modern and user-friendly, we are pleased to announce new OneDrive features for university-managed machines.
Two new features will be added to university-managed machines in Fall 2021 include:
- Automatic Sign-in: The OneDrive sync client will automatically be signed-in for you. NOTE: Mac users must go to the OneDrive application and sign-in with HawkID@uiowa.edu the first time.
- Files On-Demand: Files On-Demand keeps your files in the cloud until you are ready to use them. This saves space on local hard drives as well as keeps your data safe.
New to OneDrive?
- OneDrive is a widely-used resource that comes with Office 365 and enables you to easily access your files from anywhere, using a web browser, Windows or Mac app or mobile app
- No VPN required to access OneDrive from off-campus
- Available from anywhere on most devices, making working remotely a much better experience
- One terabyte of storage space
- Mobile app for access on iOS and Android devices
- Real-time collaboration with students and colleagues
How Do I Access OneDrive?
OneDrive can be accessed from a browser by logging into Office 365 (https://office365.uiowa.edu) or from a client on your desktop.