If you have not yet downloaded and installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, see instructions on how to download and install.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect client.
Windows users click Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
Mac users go to Applications > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- The first time you launch the client, you may need to enter the server name vpn.uiowa.edu, then click Connect (Windows) or Select (Mac).
- Enter your HawkID and password and click the OK button (Windows) or the Connect button (Mac).
- Once the connection has been successfully established, the AnyConnect icon appears on the bottom toolbar (Windows) or the top menu bar (Mac).
- Once connected, if you would like to disconnect from the VPN, right click on the AnyConnect icon in the toolbar or top menu bar and select the disconnect option.