There is a known issue with WS_FTP where the program stops working (crashes) when you drill down more than 3 or 4 levels of folders using using an SFTP/SSH connection.
To resolve this problem, enter a forward slash at the beginning of the string of the Remote site folder field under Startup.
- Go to the Site Manager page (File > Site Manager)
- Highlight the shared drive site connection you just created.
- Click Edit, then choose Startup from the left-hand menu.
- Enter the Remote site folder path (for example /deptname/shared).
- Click OK and Connect to the site.