- Open Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor and terminate processes linked to MacKeeper.
- Delete MacKeeper from the Applications folder
- Check System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items for MacKeeper items. Remove from Login Items.
- Run a Spotlight search for "MacKeeper" to check for any associated files and if any remove them.
- Download and install Malwarebytes, then open and run it using the "Scan" feature. Remove any malware found.
- Empty Trash when finished and restart your machine.