Find the MAC address of the DHCP Server (rogue router)
The person experiencing the problem on the computer having the issue will need to do the following:
- Go to a DOS/Command prompt (Start > Run > cmd).
- Type ipconfig /all
- Look for & record the IP# of the DHCP Server (won't be a 128.255...)
- Ping the above discovered DHCP IP# (by typing ping space then ip number)
- Type ARP -a
- Look for the MAC address that corresponds to the above DHCP IP#
- Call the ITS Help Desk and give them this MAC address you received as a result from the ARP command.