Outlook allows you to cancel (recall) messages that you have sent to other Outlook users. However, this feature is not available in OWA (Outlook Web App). This feature can be useful if you send a message and then you discover errors in the message and want to prevent the recipient from reading it. However, the Recall feature is somewhat limited due to the following reasons:
- You can only recall messages from recipients who are currently logged onto the network and using Outlook.
- You can only recall messages that have not been read or moved out of the recipient's Inbox.
- When you attempt to recall a message, a recall notification appears in the recipient's Inbox and remains there while the recall process is taking place. If the recipient has the Outlook Inbox open, this notification may prompt them to immediately open the message you are attempting to recall.
- The recall process can take several minutes, during which time the recipient can see the recall notice in their Inbox and can open and read the message you are attempting to recall.
- Recalling a message to an address not on our Office 365 system will most likely not work.
To recall a message, open your Sent Items folder, display the message and click on Actions | Recall this message