Unified Messaging Voicemail allows you to record 2 primary greetings. A default greeting for normal use and a greeting that lets callers know you are away for an extended period of time. These greetings are NOT tied to your Out-of-Office autoreply or to your Free/Busy/Out-of-Office. The voicemail greeting must be changed separately.
To record or change your voicemail greeting using Office 365 OWA.
- Open your browser and Sign in to Office 365 http://office365.uiowa.edu Do NOT use the Light version for this.
- Select the Mail tile
- In the upper right corner, click the gear button, then select Mail located under "Your app settings"
- On the left column, expand/open General - Voice mail
- On the Voice Mail tab, under the Greetings section you can select the greeting to be played:
* Default voicemail greeting or
* Greeting that lets callers know I'll be away for an extended period of time.
- To Play or Record a new version of the selected greeting, select the greeting that you would like to change then click the Call me to play or record the selected greeting... link.
- The greeting will be played for you.
Press 1 to accept the greeting,
2 to re-record the greeting, or
3 to delete the greeting and use the default system generated greeting.
- You can hang up the phone when done or press * to return to the Main Menu.
To record or change your voicemail greeting from a phone.
1. Call 71660 (on campus) or (319) 467-1660 (off campus). Enter your mailbox number and pin.
2. Say "Personal Options" (or press 6 if touchtone access is enabled).
3. Press 2 to record greetings. Select 1 to record your Away greeting, press 2 to record your standard greeting, or 3 to record your name.