University of Iowa Enterprise Password Policy
The purpose of the Enterprise Password Policy is to defend against unauthorized access of UI systems that could result in a compromise of personal or institutional data. For the majority of the UI community, the default password policy means the following:
- Passwords must be a minimum of nine (9) characters long, using a combination of alphabetic, numeric, and special characters
- Passwords cannot contain consecutive, repeated characters (e.g., aaaaa11111) and cannot contain a string of characters that match previous passwords
- HawkID passwords must be changed annually (every 365 days)
- HealthCareID passwords must be changed every 180 days
- Individual colleges or departments may require more restrictive password rules
Note: Elevated privilege accounts, such as users with administrative rights on their workstations, require a minimum password length of 15 characters and more frequent password changes.
For more information, see the full Enterprise Password Policy here: http://itsecurity.uiowa.edu/policy/Enterprise-Password.shtml.
There are no featured training entries for University of Iowa Enterprise Password Policy.