Microsoft Office is available to currently registered UI students at no charge. This license opportunity is funded by Student Technology Fees.
Students are eligible for one copy of each Office product. Each Office product can be installed on two different computers.
To Download and Install Your Copy of Microsoft Office:
- Before you start the download process, remove any previous or trial versions of Microsoft Office and restart your computer.
- Go to http://uiowa.onthehub.com and select the Microsoft Office product for your operating system (Windows or Mac).
- Click Add To Cart next to the free Download version of the software you require.
- Log in with your HawkID and password.
- Follow the on screen instructions to accept the license agreement and fill in your order information.
- The product key is listed on your Receipt page. Print it off or copy/paste the product key into an email and send it to yourself for safe keeping.
What is the Extended Access Guarantee and do I need to purchase it?
- Click Start Download. If this is the first time you have obtained software through this site on this computer, follow the on screen instructions to download the Secure Download Manager (SDM) application.
- Once the Secure Download Manager is installed, click Start Download again next to the appropriate version of the software you wish to download.
Note: For Windows users, the 32bit version of Office is recommended. Lync is an instant messenger client for use with the Lync server on campus. Business Contact Manager is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. See http://microsoft.com for more information on those products. It is not necessary to download either of these products to install Microsoft Office.
- Once the download completes, click the Launch button. This will launch the Microsoft Office installer and prompt you for the product key you obtained in step 6. Enter the product key and follow the on screen instructions to complete the install.
The ITS Help Desk recommends you create a backup copy of your Microsoft Office software installer file, should you ever need to re-install the software on your computer in the future.