UI Wireless is part of the eduroam initiative and provides wireless access for mobile devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones. This service is available to students, faculty, staff and guests from other eduroam institutions.
General Support Information
ITS publishes information on planned service availability. This includes events occuring over the next 7 days.
As a result of maintenance performed by different groups on campus this summer, the following buildings will have wireless connectivity issues. Service may be sporadic in the following buildings during the listed times:
- Burge, various outages throughout building through August 4th
- Currier, 4th Floor North through August 4th
- Daum, Floors 5-8 through August 4th
- EPB, Office areas sporadic through August 12th
- Hillcrest, North Side, Floors 1-4 through August 4th
- Maclean, Office areas sporadic through August 12th
- Rienow, Floors 1-4 through August 4th
- Stanley, Floors 1-4 through August 4th
- Studio Arts, building vacated, service limited to space being used for student registration.
Past 90 Days
ITS will perform wireless network maintenance for the following buildings on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 from 7:30am - 8:30am.
- 111 Church St.
- Shambaugh House
- Sciences Library
- South Quad
The expected duration of the outage is only 10 minutes per area, and will occur within the one hour window. Only wireless service will be disrupted during the outage.
The UI Wireless service (eduroam and AT&T guest wireless networks) will be updated on West campus to resolve multiple issues on Thursday, May 26, 2016 from 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM. Wireless access will be unavailable for brief periods during the maintenance window.
The UI Wireless service (eduroam and AT&T guest wireless networks) will be updated on east campus to resolve multiple issues on Wednesday May 25, 2016 from 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM. Wireless access will be unavailable for brief periods during the maintenance window.