AnyConnect is a client that is installed on your home computer or laptop. After connecting with the AnyConnect client, you can access mapped network drives or open Microsoft Outlook and use it as though you were on campus.
If you have already installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, click here for instructions on how to connect.
To download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN) client from the ITS Software Download site:
- Log in to the ITS Software Download site: http://helpdesk.its.uiowa.edu/software/signin.htm.
- Select Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- Click on the appropriate installer for your operating system to download the installer file.
- When the download is complete,
- For Windows installs, double-click the .msi installer file and follow the on screen instructions to install the client.
- For Mac installs, double-click the .dmg image file, then double-click the .pkg file to install the client.
- After the client is installed, launch the client (Start>All Programs>Cisco folder on a PC or Applications>Cisco folder on a Mac). The first time you launch the client, you may need to enter the server name vpn.uiowa.edu, then click Connect (Windows) or Select (Mac).
- Log in with your HawkID and passphrase to connect to the UI Anywhere Virtual Private Network (VPN).