The Virtual Desktop service provides remote access to many University-licensed Windows applications from anywhere and without having to obtain and install the software on your own computer. Instead, you need only install the Citrix Receiver software, which allows you to make a remote connection to applications that are running in the datacenter. Nearly all platforms are supported, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android and others. Virtual Desktop applications are available for use from both on-campus and off-campus*.
* Some software is restricted to use only from an on-campus location due to licensing restrictions.
Virtual Desktop Support Articles
- List of applications available in Virtual Desktop
- Windows/Mac OS: Installing Citrix Receiver
- Windows/Mac OS: Instructions for Connecting to and Using Virtual Desktop
- Windows/Mac OS: Activating Citrix Receiver on Windows for a more integrated user experience
- Apple iOS: Installing Citrix Receiver and using Virtual Desktop
- Android: Installing Citrix Receiver and using Virtual Desktop
- Microsoft Surface/Windows RT: Installing Citrix Receiver and using Virtual Desktop
View More Information
There are no featured training entries for Virtual Desktop.