U-Iowa stakeholders who wish to use the high-performance computing (HPC), storage and other resources managed by ITS-Research Services, or that seek the expertise of our support personnel, are welcome to request a consultation. One-on-one or team consultations can be scheduled with ITS-Research Services by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultations frequently assist with (but are not limited to):
- Determining which HPC resource is best for an application, which could include:
- Locally-hosted: Argon or the Interactive Data Analytics Service (IDAS).
- External cyberinfrastructure, such as the HPC funded by the National Science Foundation or other U.S. agencies.
- Help with applying for research allocations on XSEDE HPC systems.
- Guidance with optimizing workflows to run efficiently on on larger systems or in the cloud (public or private).
- Data management and sharing plans: We can introduce you to campus experts who specialize in the specific documents you are preparing.
- Data analysis: Help with identifying available tools and implementing best practices.
- Storage: Advice on the most secure short-term and archival solutions that are supported on campus.
- Scientific software: Introduction to what we currently support and how to request new software.
- Compliance: We can advise regarding policies and regulations associated with technology and data.
- Grant writing: We will help with proposal development of computationally and data-intensive projects.
- Concierge Services: Referrals to other campus IT services that support research.
- Unique, one-of-a-kind problems.