Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro are available to current UI faculty and staff to install on a home/personal computer for work-at-home University of Iowa business purposes.
Students can find Adobe Creative Cloud in some ITC locations or through the University Book Store. If you are a UI employee wanting Adobe products on your work computer, please contact your local IT professional for assistance.
To Download and Install Your Copy of Adobe Creative Cloud or Acrobat Pro:
- Go to http://uiowa.onthehub.com and log in with your HawkID and password.
- Verify that the Faculty/Staff tab is selected.
- Choose the Adobe tab and select the Adobe Creative Cloud product you need. Note that Creative Cloud includes Acrobat Pro, but is a much larger download and suite of tools.
Note: Creative Cloud is compatible with both the Windows or Mac OS. For Adobe Acrobat Pro, you will need to select the correct version for your operating system (Windows or Mac) after selecting the product.
- Click Add To Cart.
- Go to your Shopping Cart and Click Check Out.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to accept the license agreement and fill in your order information and payment details.
- Confirm by clicking Accept Order.
- An Order Receipt will be sent to your registered email account with instructions for redeeming the software and a link to your redemption key.
- The product key and redemption code are listed in Your Account/Orders under the Options menu at http://uiowa.onthehub.com. The link to your orders is also provided in the order receipt.
A sample redemption code is shown below:
Note: Print your product key and redemption code for safe keeping. The codes will NOT be directly included in the email you receive from OnTheHub.
- You will receive an email with instructions for accessing Adobe's website to download the products you purchased. Sign in to the Adobe Creative Cloud website using the link provided in the email.
- Use the redemption code to access your authorized downloads.
- Download and install the Creative Cloud application, then use the Apps section of Creative Cloud to download the specific Apps you desire.
If installers files are required, the ITS Help Desk recommends you create a backup copy of your software installer file, should you ever need to re-install the software on your computer in the future.
Expiration and Renewal Information
This is a subscription-based program that expires annually (one year from your original purchase date) and must be renewed at that time. This is not a perpetual license. Review the UI Adobe licensing page for more information. The product key is valid for installation on two different computers.
If you are still employed by the University of Iowa at the time of renewal, you can renew at the annual rate using the instructions above. Otherwise, you will be offered the consumer monthly subscription rate.