If you use Duo Mobile push notifications with Two-Step Login and get a new phone, you must replace your HawkID login account profile in the Duo Mobile app on your new phone.
To configure the Duo Mobile app on your new phone:
- On your new phone, open the Duo Mobile app and remove the "University of Iowa - HawkID Login" account if listed in the app.
- iOS: Delete an account by tapping the "Edit" button in the upper left. Then tap the red delete (minus sign) icon, and confirm the deletion.
- Android: Delete an account by long-pressing on an account. Then tap "Remove account" and confirm the deletion.
- Windows: Select the option to "reactivate Duo Mobile" from the menu option in the Duo Mobile app.
- BlackBerry: Delete an account by long-pressing on an account. Then tap "Remove account" and confirm the deletion.
- Log in to you Two-Step Profile (https://apps.its.uiowa.edu/uip-tools/two-step) using your HawkID and password.
- Click the "I need to reset/replace Duo Push for this device" link under the mobile phone number you've transferred to your new phone, as shown below:
4. A window will display "Duo Push Options." Click "Reset Duo Push." Follow the instructions to replace your HawkID account for Duo Push on your new phone.
- Follow the instructions to "Activate Duo Mobile" that appear on the next computer screen next to the bar code.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your phone or tablet
- Tap the "+" button, or tap "add account"
- Tap "Scan Barcode" and hold your phone up to the barcode displayed on your computer screen to scan it.
- Click "Verify Duo Push Activation" button on your computer screen.
- If you get a new phone and are not yet using the Duo Mobile push method for Two-Step Login, no changes are required. (Text messages and phone calls are tied to a phone number, and are not customized for one specific physical phone.) To begin using the Duo Mobile app, see the enrollment instructions at http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/106591
- If you are unable to replace Duo push on your new smart phone using the above instructions, delete the phone from your Enrolled Devices list, and then re-enroll your new phone. To Delete an enrolled device:
- Check to make sure its not your default device. If it is, make another device your default temporarily by selecting it, and clicking on "Make Default" and "Save"
- Click on the device you need to delete from your list of enrolled devices
- Click the Delete Device button. ("Delete Device" is not shown if you select your Default Device.)