If you get a new smartphone and were using the Duo Push mobile app method for two-step login, you must replace the "HawkID login" account profile in your mobile app so it will work on your new phone.
To reconfigure the new phone in the Duo Mobile app:
- On your new smart phone, open the Duo Mobile app and remove the "University of Iowa - HawkID Login" account, if it is listed as an account in the app.
- iOS: Delete an account by tapping the Edit button in the upper left. Then tap the "delete" icon, and confirm the deletion.
- Android: Delete an account by long-pressing on an account. Then tap "Remove account" and confirm the deletion.
- Windows: Select the option to "reactivate Duo mobile" from the menu option in the Duo Mobile app.
- BlackBerry: Delete an account by long-pressed on an account. Then tap "Remove account" and confirm the deletion.
- Log in to the Two-Step Enrollment site (https://apps.its.uiowa.edu/uip-tools/two-step) with your HawkID and password. (Note: you must be on campus or remotely accessing a computer that is on the campus network. If you need to update your phone in Duo Security and are unable to come to campus or access a campus computer, contact the ITS Help Desk at 319-384-4357 for assistance.)
- Click the "I need to reset/replace Duo Push for this device" link under the mobile phone number you just replaced with a new phone, as shown below.
4. A window will appear "Duo Push Options". Click "Reset Duo Push". Follow the instructions to replace the HawkID account for Duo Push on your smart phone.
- Follow the instructions to "Activate Duo Mobile" that appear on the next computer screen next to the bar code.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your phone or tablet
- Tap the "+" button, or tap "add account"
- Tap "Scan Barcode" and hold your phone up to the barcode displayed on your computer screen to scan it.
- Click "Verify Duo Push Activation" button on your computer screen.
- If you get a new smart phone and are not yet using the Duo Push mobile app method for two-step login, no changes are required. (Text messages and phone calls are tied to a phone number, and are not customized for one specific physical phone.) To begin using the Duo Mobile app, see the enrollment instructions at http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/106591
- If you are unable to replace Duo push on your new smart phone using the above instructions, delete the smart phone from your Enrolled Devices list, and then re-enroll your new smart phone. To Delete an enrolled device:
- Check to make sure its not your default device. If it is, make another device your default temporarily by selecting it, and clicking on "Make Default" and "Save"
- Click on the device you need to delete from your list of enrolled devices
- Click the Delete Device button. ("Delete Device" is not shown if you select your Default Device.)