This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
Why use single-use custom content panes?
Single-use custom content panes allow you to add a chunk of content to a single page on your site, for example to add a mission statement to the homepage.
NOTE: If you wish to display the same chunk of content on multiple pages, see the article Reusable custom content panes.
Creating a single-use custom content pane
- Navigate to the page where you wish to place the content pane.
- Click the 'Customize this page' button at the bottom on the page.
- A blue 'Content' box should appear somewhere near the top of the page. Click the plus button inside of this box.
- At the bottom left of the resulting window, click the 'New custom content' link.
- You will need to enter text into three main areas.
- The 'Administrative Title' is necessary so that you can easily recognize it when editing the page later.
- The 'Title' is what will display as a heading for this chunk of content on the page.
- The 'Body' will be the main content of the pane.
- Click 'Finish' at the bottom of the editing page.
- The content pane will appear under the light blue box. You can drag this to where you want it to be by clicking on the four-arrow symbol in the top right corner of the pane and dragging it to its desired location.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen to save the content and its placement.
Editing existing custom content panes
- Navigate to the page with the custom content pane you wish to edit.
- Click the 'Customize this page' button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the gears button in the top left of the pane you wish to edit.
- In the resulting window, make your changes and then click 'Finish' at the bottom.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen to save the edited content.