OneDrive for Business is part of Office 365 and is available to all faculty, staff, and students for free.
For users who need or want to use a password on a file, the easiest solution is to use WinRAR to zip your files up into a single file and add a password.
- Install WinRAR (download from the ITS Software Download page here)
- Start WinRAR and click on "Add". You can browse to the folder you want to zip, click on Set Password and save as a .zip file
- Upload the file to OneDrive for Business
- Share the .zip file with an anonymous link (Get a Link and set as View - not Edit)
- Email the password to the user in a separate email