AppleTV Instructions & Troubleshooting for Library Staff
- AppleTVs are located in the Learning Commons Group Area D and rooms 1103 and 1105.
- They will only connect with Apple products; Mac computers newer than mid-2011, 5th Generation iPod Touch, and iPad 2 and iPad minis should all be equipped with AirPlay if their software is up to date.
To connect your Apple Device to an AppleTV
· Press the on button on the black panel located on the lower right corner of the monitor.
· Press the blank button underneath HDMI on the black panel.
· Select AirPlay from the menu bar on your Apple device.
o For Macbooks, the menu bar is the small white strip across the top of your screen. The AirPlay icon sits near the Wifi menu icon.
o For iPads and iPods, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center.
· Select the name of the AppleTV you wish to AirPlay to from the drop-down menu.
o The name of the AppleTV corresponds to the name of the room it is in. Ex: To connect to the AppleTV in Group Room 1103, connect to the AppleTV named Learning Commons 1103.
· * A 4 digit code will appear on the tv monitor.
· Enter that code into the text box that appears on your computer monitor.
· Make sure mirroring is turned on.
To disconnect your Apple device from an AppleTV
· Select AirPlay from the menu bar.
o For macbooks, the menu bar is the small white strip across the top of your screen. The AirPlay icon sits near the Wifi menu icon.
o For ipads and ipods, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center.
· Select Disconnect AirPlay Display.
AppleTV asks for an update
· Retrieve the key from the key drawer behind the service desk (located just below the printer).
· Each group room has a cupboard located at the lower left corner of the monitor.
· Point the key at the cupboard (make sure the key is within 1 foot of the cupboard) and press 0000 and then the unlock button. You should hear a soft click. If you didn’t hear this click move the key closer to the cupboard and try again.
· Inside the cupboard you will find an AppleTV and remote control.
· Point the remote control at the AppleTV and select Update Later by using the down arrow key.
· Put the remote back in the cupboard and close and lock the door using the key. To lock the door press 0000 and then the lock button
· Return the key to the correct drawer behind the service desk.