The process of moving web site files (.html, .jpg, etc.) from a local computer to a web server is often known as "publishing." The secure method available for connecting and publishing files to your MyWeb site is SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol).
To connect (a.k.a. authenticate) to your MyWeb site via SFTP you must first set up the SFTP client (e.g. WS-FTP, Dreamweaver, Transmit, etc.) you are using to publish your files.
The following are parameters specific to connecting via SFTP to MyWeb accounts:
Host Name/Server Name: sftp.iowa.uiowa.edu
Remote Site Folder/Host Directory: myweb/HawkID (note the use of a forward slash / )
Login/User ID: your HawkID username
Password: your HawkID password
- For information on HawkID go to: http://hawkid.uiowa.edu
- The correct syntax for use of the forward slash is required for a successful login
- You must specify the Remote Site Folder/Host Directory for your account
- Your sites main home page must be placed within your top-level folder/directory (not within a sub-folder)
- Your home page must be named one of the following:
Please note that Adobe Contribute is NOT compatible with MyWeb's SFTP service.
For information about using Dreamweaver with MyWeb, refer to the article Uploading to MyWeb through Dreamweaver CS5.