If you are using an on-campus computer and your Home drive doesn't automatically mount after logging in, please use the following instructions to mount your Home drive on your Mac or PC.
NOTE: If you are off-campus, you must connect to the UI AnyWhere VPN before following the instructions listed below.
- Windows 10 users will need to right click on the windows icon, then click on "File Explorer" and "This PC" tab. Right click on "This PC" and select Map Network Drive.
- In the drop-down menu under "Drive" select H:.
- In the "Folder" field type \\home.iowa.uiowa.edu\HawkID (replace "HawkID" with your HawkID).
- Log in with your HawkID@uiowa.edu or Iowa\HawkID and your HawkID password.
- If you want to reconnect at login, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Check the box for "Connect using different credentials".
- Select Finish.
- Click on the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Click the Go option on the top-most menu bar.
- Click the Connect to Server... option in the Go menu.
- In the text box, enter smb://home.iowa.uiowa.edu/YourHawkID (replace "YourHawkID" with your HawkID)
- TIP: Click the + button in the lower left to add the address permanently in your list of "Favorite Servers".
- Click the Connect button.
- If prompted for credentials, enter your HawkID and HawkID password to continue.