If you are off-campus, you must connect to the UI AnyWhere VPN before following the instructions listed below.
After connecting to the VPN, users on a University owned machine most likely will see their Home Drive folder (H: Drive) by going to Computer and double clicking on H:. If you are on a Mac your Home Drive folder will show up in the dock.
If your Home Drive is not connecting automatically, follow these instructions for a Windows PC:
- Windows 7 users click on the Windows icon in the lower left-hand corner of the task bar, then right click on "Computer" and select Map Network Drive
- Windows 8 users will need to right click on the Windows icon, then click on "File Explorer", the "Computer" tab, and select Map Network Drive.
- Windows 10 users will need to right click on the windows icon, then click on "File Explorer" and "This PC" tab. Right click on "This PC" and select Map Network Drive.
- In the drop-down menu under "Drive" select H:.
- In the "Folder" field type \\home.iowa.uiowa.edu\HawkID (replace "HawkID" with your HawkID).
- Log in with your HawkID@uiowa.edu or Iowa\HawkID and your HawkID password.
- If you want to reconnect at login, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Check the box for "Connect using different credentials".
- Select Finish.
If your Home Drive is not connecting automatically, follow these instructions for a Mac:
- Go|Connect to Server.
- In the "Server Address" bar, type in smb://home.iowa.uiowa.edu/hawkid (replace "HawkID" with your HawkID)
- Click on Connect.
- Click on the + sign to add the address in permanently in your list of "Favorite Servers".